here's a fashion facebook page guys that will blow your mind with it's spectacular and beautiful garments like the picture from above for only 390 pesos. This online market also shows varieties of clothing for girls (see this link here)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jennys-fashion-shop/285140311602658?sk=photos_stream
for more information about their product you can reach them in their facebook account with this link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jennys-fashion-shop/285140311602658
and don't forget to hit the like button and if you like it share them with your friends
Showing posts with label philippines. Show all posts
Showing posts with label philippines. Show all posts
Sunday, October 28, 2012
Friday, August 24, 2012
Will PH be part of the U.S.'s missile defense system?
According to a report on the Wall Street Journal, the Philippines may be used as a site for a powerful radar called the X-band. The third X-Band is meant to complete a radar arc that will allow the U.S. to keep track of missile launches from North Korea and from China.
An X-Band radar has been in place in northern Japan since 2006 and the Wall Street Journal report said Washington and Tokyo are already in talks to put up another one in southern Japan.
"Some U.S. defense officials have focused on the Philippines as the potential site for the third X-Band," the WSJ report said.
Another X-Band radar, a seaborne one docked in Pearl Harbor, was deployed to the Pacific to monitor North Korea's failed missile launch earlier this year.
The report follows a decision made by the U.S. to shift a majority of its warships to the Asia-Pacific region by 2020. It aims to bring 60 percent of its battle ships to the region.
The U.S. has military agreements with the Philippines, Japan, South Korea, Thailand, and Australia.
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
A hero in a tragedy
Masbate,
south Luzon (Philippine Daily Inquirer/ANN) - It was a toss-up between
hitting a population center and the sea with the crippled aircraft
approaching the Masbate Airport.
Capt. Jessup Bahinting decided to head for the water instead, sparing
casualties on the ground but losing instead Interior Secretary Jesse
Robredo, his copilot and his own life as well, in the tragic crash of
the twin-engine Piper Seneca at 4:30pm on Saturday.Senior Insp. June Paolo Abrazado, the only survivor, recounted the harrowing moments before the aircraft fell off Masbate City in a three-page statement in Filipino, a copy of which was obtained by the Philippine Daily Inquirer Tuesday.
Robredo's body was retrieved from the sea on Tuesday morning. Bahinting and his Nepalese student copilot Kshitiz Chand's bodies have yet to be retrieved from the hull of the plane.
"There's the runway! There's the runway!" Abrazado quoted Bahinting exclaiming as they approached the airport.
But the aircraft missed the runway, glided to the left and headed toward the residential area of Barangay (village) Ibingay, he said. It seemed to him that Bahinting avoided crashing into Ibingay, one of the most populous villages of the city.
Like bomb explosion
As the plane banked to the right, sparing the village, it wobbled, "nosed up and nosed down," and finally plunged into the sea, he said.
"The sound of the crash was indescribable. I can't explain it. But it was like the explosion of a bomb," he said. "My initial reaction was to hug Secretary Robredo," he said.
Abrazado said he lost consciousness after that.
"When I regained consciousness, seawater was already rushing into the plane and the right side of the plane appeared to have disintegrated," he said.
"But the door of the plane remained locked by a latch. There was a piece of wood that apparently pierced the glass pane of the plane. And the water kept rushing in," he said.
Nowhere in sight
Abrazado said he looked around but could not see Robredo.
"We were seated beside each other. I did not know if it was me or he who got displaced. I just reached for my seatbelt because seawater was flooding the inside of the plane. I saw light coming in and I tried to surface. I did not know which part of the plane the light was coming from. I was rattled. I was losing my mind. I tried many times to unfasten my seatbelt but it seemed I could not even move my hands. When I unbuckled it, I squeezed myself out from the plane. I had drank seawater mixed with gasoline and I became dizzy.
As he floated away, he saw the plane bobbing up, with its tail the only visible part above the water. The tail, he said, was perpendicular to the surface.
"Then I could not move my hands again. I was still wearing my shoes and pants. I said to myself that I would die because I could not even move my arms. I assumed that my arms were broken," he said.
Then he saw his bag floating. "I summoned all the physical strength I could to reach for the bag. My face was aching. My body was failing me. I grabbed the bag and it kept me afloat long enough until a fisherman came to rescue me."
Abrazado said for about 15 minutes he was shouting and calling for help while the bag he was holding on for dear life was also slowly sinking.
"When I was rescued by a fisherman, I looked back at the plane. I saw no one from the plane was following me. I could only see what looked like debris," he said.
He said he told the fisherman to rush him to the Masbate police office. But the fisherman told him that a rescue team was waiting.
Abrazado's nose was bleeding by then.
Danger signs
Before the crash, Abrazado had sensed there were problems with the plane.
"While we were still up in the air, the display panel that also displayed a directional map kept on flashing: 'aviation expires 18 or November 28 2010.' I can see from the panel a distance notification that said 20 to 26 miles. I don't know what the expiration message meant. I wanted to inform the secretary about it but I did not want him to worry. I just made the secretary laugh by saying that there were many cases when a plane was flying with only one engine functioning," he said.
"We were relieved when we saw the runway. Then when we were about to relax, we began to be aware of the problem," he said.
The aide said the plane began to swoop nose down when the pilot glided it to the right. "It was then that the pilot lost control of the plane.
"I wondered why the pilot chose to land in Masbate when he said we were returning to Cebu. In fact, I was able to reserve a plane ticket from Cebu to Manila."
'Check engine' warning
Abrazado said when the group took off from Cebu, Robredo was rushing to go home because the Naga Airport would not allow a plane to land if they left Cebu at 2pm. They would be diverted to Legazpi City.
"Secretary Robredo was able to talk to the one in charge of the Naga Airport tower, and he got a go signal," he said. "But we still took off at 3pm."
Abrazado said he noticed that the plane looked old but he said the pilot told them that it was in good condition.
"I noticed that the copilot looked like a trainee and that he was a foreigner," he said.
"After we took off from Cebu and while we were in the air, the display panel suddenly blinked and displayed: 'Check engine,'" he said.
"The pilot told us that there was a problem and they could not proceed to Naga. Then Secretary Robredo told the pilot to just return to Cebu."
"I felt the plane turn and I started coordinating with our staff in Cebu and asked them to book a Cebu-Manila ticket," he said. "Secretary Robredo was relieved that we were returning to Cebu but we noticed that the flight was taking longer than expected."
Then, Abrazado said, the right engine suddenly shut down and he and Robredo got worried.
Still, the plane was running well, he said, although the pilots were trying to restart the engine that malfunctioned. The copilot even had a very relaxed demeanor when he turned to them at the back, he said.
"We asked the pilot if we were nearing Cebu and we were informed that we would be making an emergency landing in Masbate Airport instead," Abrazado said.
He said he tried to coordinate with the Legazpi Airport staff to provide a chopper as Robredo had an urgent engagement in Naga.
"While I was doing that, the plane was flying very close to the surface of the sea and I thought the plane was just making a final approach to the runway. I said to myself, we can survive this. I said even when the plane makes a water landing, I can manage to bail out and save my boss," he said.
Abrazado failed to do that. He was knocked out when the plane crashed into the water and Robredo disappeared from his sight when he regained his senses.
Friday, August 17, 2012
Carabuena suspended from Philip Morris
Carabuena, the motorist who was caught on video hitting traffic enforcer Saturnino "Sonny" Fabros, has been suspended from work Thursday. On top of that, he might also just lose his driver's license.
Cigarette maker Philip Morris Fortune Tobacco Corp. (PMFTC) said it has suspended its executive, "pending the outcome of the investigation."
It noted, however, that Carabuena was "on his personal time and not on duty for the company at the time."
A video of Carabuena mauling traffic enforcer Saturnino Fabros has been spreading through social networking sites since Tuesday.
Fabros said he told Carabuena off for making a wrong turn near Tandang Sora in Quezon City.
"PMFTC reiterates that it does not condone inappropriate conduct by any of our employees," the company said.
The suspension came a day after a petition dubbed "Robert Blair Carabuena is Bad for your Corporate Health", which urges PMFTC to fire Carabuena, made rounds online.
"[Carabuena] has now also become the poster boy of Philip Morris International (PMI). His behavior is a disservice to the corporate image of PMI and the global goodwill it has earned all these years. We call on PMI to immediately act on this unforgivable incident and accordingly fire him," the petition said.
Meanwhile, MMDA already asked the Land Transportation Office (LTO) to revoke Carbuena's license, Yves Gonzales, head of the MMDA traffic disclipline office told Yahoo! Southeast Asia in a phone interview.
"MMDA Chairman Francis Tolentino has drafted a letter to LTO Assistant Secretary Virginia Santos, asking them to look into the case and if possible revoke the license," Gonzales said.
The LTO also confirmed that licenses may be revoked under certain grounds.
"Pwede po talagang i-revoke ang license, kung halimbawa gumamit ka ng sasakyan na ginamit sa krimen (Licenses may indeed be revoked, such as in cases when motorists use vehicles identified in criminal cases)," Daisy Jacobo, chief of LTO's traffic safety division.
Tolentino on Wednesday said "abusive and arrogant motorists like him (Carabuena), who obviously do not have serious regard to the rule of law, have no right to be in the road in the first place."
Labels:
abuse,
corruption,
curiosity,
manila,
philippines,
racial,
traffic enforcer,
traffic jam
Location:
Manila, Philippines
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
bourne legacy no.1 in canadian box office
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Action movie "The Bourne
Legacy," with new star Jeremy Renner, raced to the No. 1 spot on U.S.
and Canadian box office charts with an estimated $40.3 million in ticket
sales over the weekend.
New adult comedy "The Campaign" debuted in second
place, winning $27.4 million at domestic theaters. The two new movies
knocked three-time box office champion "The Dark Knight Rises" to third
place."Bourne Legacy" is the fourth movie in the spy franchise that previously starred Matt Damon and has grossed nearly $1 billion around the world. Damon played a CIA assassin with memory loss who tried to discover his true identity while evading the CIA's attempts to kill him.
Universal cast Renner in the new movie in an effort to reboot the series for future sequels. Renner plays agent Aaron Cross, who tries to escape his CIA pursuers with the help of genetic scientist Marta Shearing, played by Rachel Weisz.
Universal and privately held Relativity Media produced "Bourne Legacy" for about $125 million. Opening weekend sales beat Universal's projections for a $35 million debut.
Nikki Rocco, Universal Pictures' president of domestic distribution, said the film performed as expected, and that the studio was happy with its opening weekend.
"It's a validation, it's a successful rebooting of the franchise," she said, adding that it gives Universal an opportunity to continue the Bourne saga.
"The Bourne Legacy" nabbed $48.1 million worldwide over the weekend, bringing its global total to $88.4 million.
"The Campaign" also exceeded pre-weekend forecasts, which had the film debuting with around $20 million. The movie stars Will Ferrell and Zack Galifianakis as two candidates facing off against each other in a race for U.S. Congress.
Dan Fellman, president of theatrical distribution for Warner Bros., said the political comedy played especially well in Washington and Boston as the U.S. presidential campaign gets into full swing.
"We think that the real campaign will add to our 'Campaign'," he said.
"Dark Knight Rises," the final movie in a Batman trilogy starring Christian Bale, took in $19.5 million at North American (U.S. and Canadian) theaters over the weekend. The blockbuster has grossed over $390 million in the U.S. and Canada since its July 20 debut.
"Hope Springs," a new romantic comedy/drama, finished the weekend in the No. 4 spot with $15.6 million. The film stars Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones as an aging couple trying to bring a spark back to their marriage.
"Hope DOES spring," said Rory Bruer, president of distribution at Sony, who expects the film to continue to play well among older audiences.
In fifth place, family film "Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days" earned $8.2 million during its second weekend in theaters.
Despite doing well overseas, science-fiction reboot "Total Recall" took in a meager $8.1 million its second weekend, taking a tumble from its tepid $26 million opening.
Comcast Corp's Universal Pictures released "Bourne Legacy." "The Dark Knight Rises" and "The Campaign" were distributed by Warner Bros., a unit of Time Warner Inc.. Sony Corp's film studio released "Hope Springs," and News Corp's 20th Century Fox studio distributed "Diary of a Wimpy Kid."
bourne producer says manila scene is the best
![]() |
| Universal Pictures, Mary Cybulski - This film image released by Universal Pictures shows Rachel Weisz as Dr. Marta Shearing, left, and Jeremy Renner as Aaron Cross in a scene from "The Bourne Legacy." (AP Photo/Universal …more Pictures, Mary Cybulski) |
“Millions and millions of fans worldwide will be rocketed through San Andres, raced through the Pasay Metro Rail Station, careened down Magsaysay Boulevard, and stopped very quickly at the end of the ride in Navotas Fish Port,” he shared at the red carpet screening of the film last August 5 at the Newport Performing Arts Theater in Resorts World Manila.
Best of the franchise
Crowley, who produced all four “Bourne” movies, is proud of its latest installment, particularly the chase sequence filmed in the streets of Manila.
“The movie you’re about to see is being talked about as better than the first three, and the Manila chase as one of the best chases ever.”
He explained that the Philippine shoot required production people to bring an international team of action specialists, 30 containers of gear from Los Angeles, over 100 people from New York, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Paris and London; and hundreds of local technicians, drivers and assistants with some “with resumes that stretch back to “Apocalypse Now.”
Crowley also mentioned that for the film’s rooftop chase, they replaced 50 roofs in San Andres, Manila and spent a lot of time working with MMDA (Metropolitan Manila Development Authority) and other local officials in planning traffic diversions for the motorcycle chase.
Asian premiere
The August 5 screening is three days ahead of the film’s release in Manila on August 8 and five days in advance of the US premiere. Crowley explained that the special screening is the production’s way of paying Manila back.
“We felt an obligation to pay back to the people who let us have control of the city for two months. We created huge traffic jams and all of the problems that come from making a good movie,” he said.
Crowley added that this is the only special screening in one of the countries the latest “Bourne” installment was shot in. It is also the film’s Asian premiere.
Will they make more movies in the Philippines after “Bourne”?
“If there is a script that happens to be set in the Philippines or a script that is set somewhere else and would be easier, better to do in the Philippines then we would suggest it, because we really did have a successful experience here,” Crowley replied.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)


